Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

Or at least in two hours, and 42 minutes. For anyone living in the Eastern Time Zone of the United States.  So if you have already experienced your New Year celebrating, Happy New Year, and if you are going to celebrate much later than three hours from now, well, have fun celebrating!

Now, if you think that this is going to be a long reminiscing of all the things that have come to pass this past year and my hopes for the next year to come, well you're right.

Well it's not going to be too long.  But it is amazing how quickly a year passes.  And all the changes it brings.  Friends getting married, friends and family getting pregnant, friends having babies, friends and family moving homes, friends changing jobs, and, sadly, losing a beloved family member.  The normal cycles of life that we all experience, yet each experience opens us up to life and it's vast, well, experiences.

I have gone through many life changes during the tumulus year, from changing jobs and needing to move, to experiencing the highs and lows of trying to get pregnant, to losing loved ones, and seeing loved ones come together.  Crying my eyes out when I heard about the Boston Marathon bombings, and then crying my eyes out when everyone stood and sang the National Anthem at the Bruins after the bombings.  Waiting excitedly with millions of others when Duchess Cate gave birth to a healthy son.  And jumping up and down yelling at the top of my lungs when the Red Sox won the World Series.  About almost as exciting as winning my Fantasy Football League this year.

So I can say this from my heart, that I am so appreciative of all the memories, both sad and happy, that created the year 2013 for me.  And my hope is that 2014 will bring in many more wonderful memories, including a new home with my husband and (fingers crossed) a new addition to our family.

Happy New Year everyone! 

And here's to another incredible year full of great memories called 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment