Sunday, November 17, 2013

Slivers of Serenity

God, grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.
 
 
There are times in my life where I find that the worries of the world just come over me.  Like I'm drowning in a sea of expectations and can't figure out if what I'm doing is what I truly want or if it is what I feel I need to do.
 
That's when I find I need to escape. To step back and breathe for a minute.  To really think about things.  Where I am, and where I'm going, and where I want to be.
 
This past week was a time to breathe.  Being amongst the glory of nature and tranquility that is the mountains, looking over the peace and serenity of a beautiful lake, finding myself appreciating all of what nature has to provide us with, I was able to truly look inside myself and discover where I am going, what it is I desire, and who I want to be.

 
Thank you nature for granting me the serenity I need.  Now time to find the courage to pursue it, with the wisdom to accept what can not be changed and change was can be for the best.
 
Thank you for helping me find my sliver of serenity.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment